Labor Day is supposed to be a day to celebrate hard working people, so who wants to labor over a complicated recipe? Don’t take time away from friends and family preparing food and try these healthy, easy recipes! Plus someone’s got to bring the fruits and vegetables! 🙂
What do you need? Cucumbers (2 large), Red Onion (1/2 onion), Fresh Dill (2-3 Tbsp), White Wine Vinegar (1 1/2 Tbsp), Honey (2 tsp), Pepper and Salt to taste
- Slice the cucumbers thin and mix with salt, place in a colander. Let the liquid drip out of the bottom. Then wash and drain the cucumber and place in a salad bowl
- Add in the sliced red onion and dill
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vinegar and honey. Pour on top of the salad
- Garnish with pepper and additional fresh dill leaves
Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato
What do you need? Fresh corn (5 ears), Olive Oil (1 1/2 Tbsp), Cherry Tomatoes (1 pint), Arugula (2 cups packed), Avocado (1 medium), Red Bell Pepper (1 small), Green Onion (4-5 stalks), Cilantro (1/4 cup)
Dressing – Lime Juice (1/4 cup), Olive Oil (2 Tbsp), Honey (1 Tbsp), Paprika (1 tsp), Onion Powder (1/4 tsp), Salt (3/4 tsp), Pepper (1/4 tsp)
- Rub the corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the corn on medium heat for 7 minutes, turning every few minutes. Let cool and carefully cut the kernels from the cob, transferring to a large mixing bowl
- Add cherry tomatoes, arugula, avocado, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro
- For dressing, stir together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, paprika, salt, pepper and onion powder
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature
Pina Colada Fruit Salad
What do you need?
1-2 cups each of: Strawberries, Red Grapes, Green Grapes, Blueberries, Pineapple.
Coconut Flakes (1/2 cup loosely packed), Non-alcoholic pina colada mix (1/2 cup, or with alcohol if you prefer), 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice.
Side note – I didn’t use the coconut and almond extra it called for because I didn’t have them 🙂 but it still tasted great!
- Cut fruit and place and large bowl. Add coconut and set aside
- In separate bowl whisk together pina colada mix and pineapple juice
- Pour over fruit, toss to combine
Have a great Labor Day!