Ginger here ready for my first blog post!
Another RD, blogger and Instagrammer I recently began following is Wellness for the Win. Shanna does a great job of making easy meals with the ingredients you can use over again.
On Monday, I looked at my after-work activities for the week and knew I would have time to make a quick meal on Wednesday. I went to Wellness for the Win to check out the entrée section. I haven’t used the spiralizer since summer; mostly because I cut my finger using it and ruined my first batch of zoodles. So I decided to try it out again. With only 4 ingredients and one of them being cheese, this was the recipe for me!
- Approx. 1/2 cup frozen chopped baby spinach
- 1 medium zucchini (or yellow squash)
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Swiss cheese
- 2-3 oz. grilled chicken (optional)
- Using a Veggeti Pro (or other spiralizing tool), spiralize your zucchini into “noodles”. Set aside.
- Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and turn stove on medium-high heat.
- Place frozen spinach into skillet and sauté until thawed.
- Add spiralized zucchini to the pan and stir to combine.
- Tip: Figure out how you like your Zoodles. For softer zoodles, let them set in the pan with the lid on. Add a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil if desired.
- Cut Laughing Cow wedge into small pieces and add to pan, stirring with a spatula to melt and combine.
Positives about this recipe:
- Spinach was already on the grocery list. I make a habit to purchase spinach weekly to use for various things, salads, scrambled eggs, sandwiches, etc.
- Zucchini was $1.79/lb!
- Spiralizers start at $10 at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- I don’t normally buy laughing cow cheese, but I found a replica at Aldi and could also bring it as a snack to work.
- Less than 15 minutes to prepare with cooking the chicken!
- D E L I C I O U S
Until next time,